Wednesday, November 2, 2016

#89- Abortion And Christianity: Pro- Life VS. Yahweh

A few years ago I had a few spirited exchanges on Facebook with a man who I found out has a BlogTalkRadio show.  The show has a particular day where they focus on abortion.  He and his wife host the show where they vigorously wage Christian war against this practice.

Many people are against abortion.  Most people understand why.  It takes a special kind of human to dislike kids because they are often seen as innocent, vulnerable, and cute.  Being religious is not necessary when in comes to being anti-abortion or "Pro-Life" as it is more commonly known.



What is strange to me is that the gods of the Jewish and Christian Bibles (Jews currently worship Yahweh while Christians worship Jesus essentially.  The holy book of the Jews is the Old Testament of the Christian bibles) have ZERO problem killing kids.  This includes the unborn in their mother's womb.

If you need examples I will gladly point you to this site.  These people don't mention how their god drowned the entire world in the Noah flood that did not happen in reality.  The god has ordered the slaughter of men, women, and children in order to steal their land.  How then is this a "Pro-Life" deity?

Well, I guess you can follow their show to find out how Yahweh/Jesus went from a nefarious rancid megalomaniac  to a deity who dislikes killing.

As for myself I am not for abortion but I am pro-choice.  I understand that sometimes there are situations where an abortion is best especially when done early.  If these believers were interested in preventing unnecessary abortions or child births you would think that they would champion the latest and effective birth control methods.  But I believe they still espouse the antiquated no sex before marriage technique.

The debate over abortion is still raging on.  It is an issue that some people use to determine who to vote for.  Many provisions made for women after the landmark Roe V. Wade decision have been undermined at the state level.

I've seen people demonstrating in front of the Planned Parenthood near my home.  I find it very curious that believers don't just pray abortions away.  Isn't it their gods that oversees the creation of the fetus?  How do they justify miscarriages?  Do believers have a plan for unwanted children if abortions become illegal?

What are your thoughts on this topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment