Sunday, September 25, 2011

#9- The Neighbors 2

Right across the street were a family with 3 boys.  David, Michael, and Teddy were boys that I played street football with whenever the opportunity presented itself.  Their parents were a bit on the strict side.  I remember noting that the mother looked older than the dad.

Their family went to church almost everyday.  Our fun games would be interrupted by Bible study or some trip to their local church.  I remembered how their body language and facial expression would change as the hour approached for these ecclesiastical chores.  I felt a weird vibe from them because I never met people who went to church as frequently as they did.

I didn't know it then but I think they were either Jehovah's Witnesses or Seventh Day Adventists.  Michael addressed the Jewish god as "Jehovah" and loved to bring up "logic" when we argued on the streets about football.  It was then that I found out that I loved arguing, knew I was good at it, and even knew I was cocky at it.

In my opinion and experience one should take it easy on a humble opponent but Teddy and Michael talk just as much trash as I did and I loved to destroy them in football and in verbal combat.  At any rate I never ventured into their religious world because of the type of people they were.  I seems like their parents thought that they were "good boys" and were fully oblivious of the deviousness of their characters.

I mention their possible denominations because I was still under the impression that everyone worshiped the same God, feared the same Devil and were pretty much all Christian.  Boy, was I wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment